People of today’s busy world go for fitness gym to maintain their body. Some people focus on home based exercises like Cardio exercise. On the other side, there are people who practice Yoga for a healthy lifestyle. Yoga is not just doing for relieving stress and tension by stretching your arms and legs, but, it is more than that. Yoga can provide a mental peace, mind relaxation which you would not get in other physical exercises.
You can develop six packed or eight packed body through gym equipment, but that would not be required by many professionals in today’s scenario. What everyone expects is the mental peace, mind refreshment, good physique, improvement of concentration power, prevention from diseases and similar other aspects.
All these anticipations can be fulfilled by Yoga which is traditional and has its origin in India, but, it has been followed everywhere in the world realising its benefits.
Irrespective of age groups, everyone can do Yoga including pregnant ladies and old aged people but there are certain restrictions and limitations for each age group. Ladies at home and office going professionals are willingly practising Yoga at home. For this, they need to go for Yoga classes at the initial stage so that they could be able to know the instructions.
This article briefs the readers about various types of Yoga Asana commonly practised by people. Nothing can be compared with relaxing at home by doing Yoga.
Surya Namaskar is the basic asana taught to beginners and this involves a set of 12 yoga positions. This asana allows you for a full body stretch from head to toe. This exercise will improve metabolism, better body physique, reduce belly fat and more health benefits when practised daily.
Many mobile videos are available through Internet with which you can have an easy understanding after reading this.
- Expand your chest and relaxing your shoulders.
- Lift your arms with inhalation and bring your arms to a prayer position before chest.
- Exhale the air and bend forward to touch your feet such that your head shall be facing your knees.
- Then, bend your left knee and stretch your right leg towards back and keep your face facing front.
- After this, come to plank position by stretching your left keg backward.
- Lay down on the floor such that your spine should be out but your knees, chest and chin touching the floor. Your face should be front facing.
- Stretch forward and bend backward such that your body should be in a V-shape with your back projecting upwards and your body resting on palms and foot after inhalation of air.
- Then, bring the right leg forward in between your hands and the left leg forward.
- During this task, exhale the air and keep your hands touching your feet such that you must be in a bending position.
- Then, stretch backwards and come back to the initial prayer position
- Doing this exercise with an empty stomach in the early morning benefits you more.
Who can’t do this asana?
- Women during menstruation period and patients suffering from heart diseases, spinal problems and high BP are not allowed to do this.
Energy will be developed in you and proper functioning of internal organs is ensured.
Padahastasana, involves a forward bend from the standing posture such that your head should face your knees and your hands holding your toes. In this asana, your abdomen will be get a complete stress thus enabling a toning down of your tummy.
- Improves digestion process and your abdominal muscles will be toned down.
- Wrist joints will be strengthened and you will be relieved from mental and physical stress.
- People suffering from spinal problems are exempted from doing this posture.
Pavanamuktasana is a posture that relieves an individual from constipation, indigestion, and gastric problems. In this case, your knees should exert pressure on your tummy such that your hands should hold your knees.
- Abdominal muscles and back muscles get strengthened.
Who can’t do this asana?
- Pregnant women and people with heart problems and high BP are not allowed to do this asana.
Paschimottanasana is a forward bend posture similar to the above, but, you have to do this in the seated position and provides the similar health benefits.
- A complete stretch of thighs, hips and hamstrings is possible while doing this asana.
- Menstrual cycles get balanced and fat reduction is done in the abdomen.
Who can’t do this asana?
- Asthma and Diarrhoea patients and patients with spinal disorders and abdominal problems.
Dhanurasana is a bow pose that involves holding your legs in the backward pose enabling an easy stretch to various body parts like arms, chest, abdomen, thighs and back. Finally, your tummy gets toned down.
- For relaxation, you can just roll to one side without losing your grip on the legs.
Bhujangasana, cobra pose allows for an elongated stretch for your abdomen muscles. This is very useful for back muscles as you would get relief from your back pain. Normally, people try to strain themselves while doing this asana and this would induce pain on the back muscles.
- Toning down of your abdomen and relieving stresses from back muscles are the notable health benefits.
Ushtrasana , camel pose is a backward stretch that reduces the stress developed in abdominal muscles. This asana is exactly opposite to the boat pose. A good stretch is possible with this simple asana.
- Start with Vajrasana
- Then, kneel down and stretch back.
- Keep hold of this posture for 30 seconds.
People with high BP, severe heart problems, neck and back injury are not allowed do this asana.
Uttanpadasana is a raised foot posture in which you have to lay down with your back on floor and lift your foot upwards. Fat reduction from thighs, hips and lower abdomen are possible with this asana.
Who can do this asana ?
- Women after pregnancy as they would have developed fat around their waist.
- People having spinal injury are suggested to practise this asana daily.
Acidity and constipation problems could be treated with curing of back pain. Blood circulation will be good and proper functioning of reproductive organs possible.
Majariasna , a cat pose is performed for attaining flexible spine with a concave structure. Belly fat will be burnt and tension can be relieved from your lower back thus strengthening of spinal cord.
- Vajrasana is the starting pose of this asana.
Important Points For Readers:
- There are separate relaxation time and repetition frequency for each asana.
- When performing these asana, you should maintain healthy diet and have good sleep.
- Padmasana or Sukahasana or Vajrasana are the starting postures before performing any asana.